TED'S GARAGE I ASK THE EXPERTS I PHOTO GALLERY I CTS STORE I PARTS & SERVICES  
Please
Visit Our
Sponsors
Classic Truck Wheels   Chevy & GMC Truck Parts   ClassicCar.com - Where Car Lover's Click  

I CLASSIFIEDS I ARTICLES I TECHNICAL I FORUMS I CHATS I CLUBS I PRICE GUIDES I NEWSLETTER SIGNUP  

Go Back   Classic Truck Shop Forums > CHEVROLET & GMC TRUCK > Task Force Era Trucks

Task Force Era Trucks 1955 2nd - 1959 Trucks

Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 AM

Default '57 Chevy Tonner...

Grandpa's got a '57 Chevy 1-ton that's been sitting in the machine shed for 60 years... They used to buy a new pickup every three years or so, and the one '57 they had never got sold... Was thinking of picking it up from them as a project. Would take very little work to get it street-worthy again... Probably go through the engine and reseal everything, and then Grandpa said it needed a new brake drum (or shoe) last time he drove it (1960 probably), and needs some window crank work I think...

Everything else is straight and rust-free. Original toothpaste blue/green paint is in prime condition, body is straight as an arrow...

Only problem is that it has a bale bed... Big flatbed with a wooden fence around it....

What's the likelihood of finding a standard tonner bed for a '57 Chevy 1-ton? I'd like to get it and turn it into a custom low street rod, but the bale bed just isn't that pimpin.

Thanks,
- CK