TED'S GARAGE I ASK THE EXPERTS I PHOTO GALLERY I CTS STORE I PARTS & SERVICES  
Please
Visit Our
Sponsors
Classic Truck Wheels   Chevy & GMC Truck Parts   ClassicCar.com - Where Car Lover's Click  

I CLASSIFIEDS I ARTICLES I TECHNICAL I FORUMS I CHATS I CLUBS I PRICE GUIDES I NEWSLETTER SIGNUP  

Go Back   Classic Truck Shop Forums > CHEVROLET & GMC TRUCK > Art Deco Series

Art Deco Series 1941 - 1947 1st Trucks

Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Young guy and old truck

Hello all, this forums looks kinda dead.
I just picked up 46 what i believe to be a 2 ton truck. from what i know the truck was in service till the only a few years ago at a lime corey as a fuel tanker. Now this truck is 61 years old and i'm only 23. I've only owned it for a couple of weeks and already love everything about it. Looking around on the net, it is hard to find parts and info on the larger trucks( 1 1/2 and 2 ton)
Anybody know of some good links for the heavy-duties. Thank in advance.

Tim
Old 03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Mr_Mac

Tim,

I have been searching all over the place and cannot find any decent parts suppliers catering to the deuce and deuce-and-a-half crowd. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not an easy find!

Hopefully someone out there will know of a company that can help. In the mean time, try contacting American Classic Truck Parts or LMC and see if they can offer any insight.

In the mean time, like I always advocate, get with your local classic truck or car clubs and see if anyone there has any contacts that might help you out.

Mac
"just as the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28

Old 03-26-2007, 11:21 PM

Default information

Welcome to the site wigs, love the truck, looked at the pic. You may find a great connection for parts and history here, www.aths.org, this is the Antique Truck Historical Society. They are headquartered here in Kansas City, MO but have members and chapters nationwide. Most of the trucks in this group are big, old work horses, that are refurbished and awesome to look at. Good luck finding what you need.

gaileen
Old 07-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Default parts

I have several 2 ton 41-46 parts trucks and there is info on the net just keep looking you'll find it here is a link i found that has some good info there are some military sight's out there as well that may be helpful .
http://www.brads41-46chevys.com/id20.html
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 AM

Default imfo

try the stove bolt..com
Old 10-01-2008, 02:40 AM

Default Try www.46chevytruck.com

I don;t have much on the bigger trucks but I have tried to put a lot of info on the 41-46 truck out there. http://www.46chevytruck.com